Spray Foam Insulation
Spray foam is a versatile insulation powerhouse that has gained increasing popularity due to its high performance and durability. Elite Insulation and Energy bring your professional spray foam insulation services in Flint, mi to help protect your home from the elements.
More homeowners are moving away from traditional insulation methods due to mold, pest infestation, and poor performance. Spray foam’s superior qualities give your home an impenetrable air and moisture barrier giving you peace of mind.
What is Spray Foam Insulation?
Spray foam is an insulation material made from polyol resin and isocyanate. Together, these chemicals combine to create a foam that expands when sprayed and hardens to fit into and take the shape of the smallest cracks and crevices.
Once cured, spray foam does not lose its shape or R-Value. It is also durable, outlasting traditional insulation materials for up to 70 years.
Types of Spray Foam Insulation Available in Flint, Michigan
We offer both closed-cell and open-cell spray foam. Each of these has unique advantages, however, they both vary in application.
Open-cell Spray Foam Insulation
Open-cell insulation features partially encapsulated cells that are left open when the foam is cured. This allows the foam to have a softer, spongy texture with a low density compared to closed-cell foam.
This type of foam has several benefits including:
- Its soft state makes it highly flexible allowing it to penetrate into hard-to-reach areas.
- The foam’s flexibility also makes it the ideal solution for smaller cracks and gaps.
- It can be used for soundproofing because it reduces the noise that travels inside your walls for instance plumbing noises.
- It remains flexible adapting to your home’s structure to prevent structural damage
- It is ideal for internal applications
Closed-cell Spray Foam Insulation
Compared to open-cell foam, closed-cell is denser and more compact. Its cells are completely enclosed and pressed closely together upon curing. This prevents moisture and air from penetrating into your home.
Closed-cell foam has a high density which makes it ideal for use of external applications. Other benefits of closed-cell foam include:
- Higher R-Value of 7 per inch. Closed-cell foam outperforms other insulation methods because of its impressive high R-value making it ideal for industrial, commercial, and residential use.
- Its dense structure also prevents moisture from getting into your home. This also acts as an additional protective barrier against mold and mildew
- It is not attractive as nesting material for pests or rodents keeping your home safe from infestation.
- The rigid composition of closed-cell foam also makes it ideal for use in buildings that require a boost in structural integrity.
Professional Spray Foam Contractor in Flint, Michigan
Our professional spray foam contractors in Flint, mi have years of experience in installation, removal, and repair services. We offer affordable prices as well as a free consultation to help you plan for upcoming projects.
If your home already has insulation but you notice significantly higher utility bills, get in touch with us for a free energy audit. With our spray foam insulation services in Flint, mi, you can make significant savings on your energy bills.